Sunday, July 21, 2013

Five Minutes ~ Belong

BELONG
Go:
The first day of school.
We all ask the same question:
"Will I have a place to belong?"

I want my students to feel comfortable with me, to have the freedom to be themselves and, at the same time, to become more than they thought possible.  In order to BE BRAVE (thank you, #kinderchat!), we may need a safe place to land, or an encouraging place to begin.  We need a place to belong.

I belong to a profession that celebrates children, that is dedicated to nurturing the littlest learners.  I belong to a family that is warm, silly, affectionate, sometimes cranky, all the time supportive.  Our students may not have that kind of support at home.  They may have challenges that do not make sense to them, but still must be lived through.  Regardless of our circumstances, our similarities or differences as individuals, I CAN and I WILL create a soft place for them to land.

Every day.
In Kindergarten.

:Stop
The Linky can be found here!

3 comments:

  1. Loved your post. The warmth, the tender tone. I imagine your classroom is just like this. What a wonderful passion, to provide a soft place to land for these little ones. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you do. Your little ones are blessed.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!