Friday, June 14, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Listen

LISTEN
seansimsillustration
Go
"Listen" is my OneWord365 for 2013.  How am I doing so far?  I think I've gotten better at stopping the flow of words from my own mouth.  At the same time, I'm learning that there is quite a bit of silence when I'm not talking.  And it is driving me crazy.

I like to listen to music, to hear the words of a book come alive inside my soul, to soak in the giggles of my kindergartners.  But in this time of summer, I'm alone more than usual.  My own children are teens or tweens, not an age group known for sticking close to mommy.  And in this silence, I sense that God is trying to show me something.  I keep listening for his voice.  But now, as I'm typing this, I think he wants me to see what I've been listening for.  The eyes of my soul need a workout.

What will I find?  Like a treasure seeker, I want to know.  Like most of society, I want to know now.  Like the seed in the ground, I'll have to wait.  And listen.
Stop



So, here’s the skinny: every Friday for over a year hundreds of people have joined a kind of writing flash mob over here.
- See more at: Lisa Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday Post!

7 comments:

  1. "Like the seed in the ground, I'll have to wait."

    Love that!

    Great post. Thanks for sharing!
    visiting via FMF.

    Blessings,
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post could almost be a poem. Beautiful. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful post Chrissy! Something I think all of us need to remember.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last paragraph was a revelation to me. I have my "eyes" open now, too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!