Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Kindergarten Schedule

Our special classes were switched up this year,
necessitating a schedule redo.  
(And another redo on 8/24! Pic has been updated.)

Writing Workshop has made it onto the grid--it's official!
Of course, we will be writing every day, in some way.
As the year progresses, I hope to slide W.W. into 
the Phonics slot on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
I have a workbook series to complete, 
but the process moves quickly once the children 
become accomplished at navigating literacy stations.

I've had a few comments asking about Wake Up Work.  
During this time, the children are working on a journal prompt, 
a skill page in their math journals, or a read/write/cut/glue page.
As the children finish, they move to the other side of our room, 
to explore puzzles, new theme books, or playdo.
I am always open to changing the activities during this transition!
How does your schedule look?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your schedule. I was wondering what you do for wake up work? Thanks for your help,
    Dalese Brooks
    daleseb@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your K schedule! I was just wondering what do you typically do for wake up work? And do you follow a certain curriculum or format for your daily phonics?
    Thanks so much…cdaigneault88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about Wake Up Work, too! I was just stopping in to give you a hug and wish you well this year! I like that you put your Bible time smack dab in the middle of the day! It should be smack dab in the middle of our lives...Shouldn't it?!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on your comment to Michelle, Inspired Kindergarten, that you were doing Chrysanthemum and having parents tell how they named their child. Do you think you could share that activity? I would love to see it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!