Thursday, February 2, 2012

We've Been Busy!


Hot cocoa in my cup.
Yum, yum, drink it up!
This writing lesson was completed
on our first day back after Christmas break.
We enjoyed a cup of real hot chocolate, too!

Making crystals is my favorite science project.
It is easy peasy....

Twist a pipe cleaner into any shape.
Attach the shape to a wooden stick with yarn.
Measure the distance from 

the top of the jar to the bottom.
However, you do not want the shape
to touch the bottom of the jar!

Before you drop the shape into the jar,
combine 3 cups of boiling water and
9 heaping tablespoons Borax powder in the jar.
Stir.
Add the shape, balancing the stick on top of the jar.
I do this at the end of the school day,
leaving it in a cool location of the room.
If all goes well, your students will be
delighted and curious when they return the next day!
Drumroll...... the Prince and Princess from
the Kingdom of Kindergarten

Everyone chose to fight a duel!
Bless his heart, this little prince hung in there 

for eleven battles!


5 comments:

  1. I am loving your prince and princesses!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. That little boy will one day realize how lucky he was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hot cocoa writing and that they got to enjoy cocoa afterwards! Now following your blog. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy--

    I am going to make those crystals with my kinders next week because I think that it is the closest we will get to snow this year! Yours turned out wonderful!
    Barb
    meet me at the zoo...
    kinderzoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!