Saturday, February 11, 2012

LOVE, Week 1

Have you seen this on Pinterest?
(You can find the printable version HERE.)
I placed a copy on our calendar board and we say it together every morning, along with our memory verse.
My class is 90% female...now, I'm not knocking our gender, but we all know that little girls need daily instruction in the art of friendship!  "THINK" has improved daily behavior by leaps and bounds!  In fact, it impacted our chart:

After our "Love is..." discussion,  
we wrote three descriptive words and the sentence
"God is love!".
This little sweetie has the most beautiful handwriting!
(If this activity is your creation, please let me know!
I want to give you credit!)

The Teeny Tiny Teacher 
has enriched our learning through poetry!

I plan to keep the plastic heart boxes in use;
they are too cute!
This activity is from Melissa Freshwater's
Lots of Love Pack.

We practiced graphing and counting
with an activity by OverTheMoonbow.

(Penguin Pack-O-Fun)

Sweethearts candy sorting/graphing/comparing--
from Erin Eberhart's Valentine's Packet
Proverbs 16:21 "...sweetness of the lips increases learning"
Using sugar in the classroom may not be the intended context, 
but I've always liked this verse!

Hearts became flowers in this art lesson.  
Each child was given the same materials, 
but the results were unique and beautiful!

This little artist filled her free-choice time
by adding more details to her project.

The green wall is masking the 
amazing results of this experiment.
We predicted that the roses would turn green....
a few friends thought they might turn black!
After 24 hours, the tips and sides 

of each orange rose had turned green!

"Reach For The Stars" is an extension of 
our behavior clip chart.
Each day that a child ends on orange (great day),
a star is covered on his/her chart.
The children earn visits to the treasure chest
when their charts are full!

You can find the chart HERE, at Classroom Freebies!
The words were downloaded from TeachFactory, which has become Venspired.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!! Come check out my latest post on volunteers :)

    Miss J
    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just tagged you- hope you will stop by my blog when you get a chance :)

    http://primarypractice.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagalong.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas! And I love your verse from Proverbs. I will be using that in my newsletter this week in response to the sugar high we will be experiencing on Tues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poster. I did a 12 week bible study on the book of James and constantly remind myself of "Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?". LOVE IT!!!!
    I was so surprised to see the poem! Hooray! I'm so glad you can use it! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Learning is so much fun in your room! I love it all!

    I am copying this poem and putting it by our boxes in the office! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!